RichardMartinNielsen: What I'm doing with Wikka

I'm experimenting with using WikkaWiki in the invisible form and the WikiInAVacuum model to replace a CMS (Joomla) for an organisation's website being hosted by a commercial provider on a LAMP stack.


I've gone live in a limited sense on - comments and advice from more experienced administrators would be very welcome. From there you'll also see a link to our regular site. We'll now ask the organisation which site they prefer.

I also looked at trying to use MediaWiki but have found it easier to "thin down" the features of WikkaWiki than pruning MediaWiki.

My development environment is MAMP on a Mac mini at home. My production environment is a commercially supplied LAMP stack. Having built a system at home, I then shifted an image of the (slightly cleaned) tree to the server, edited the wikka.config.php by hand (aquamacs + tramp are our friends), realised (by doing a parallel plain vanilla install) that mod-rewrite was not enabled and that I needed to rename all .htaccess files to htaccess.txt, and it's essentially there.

My current challenges

Other notes

Strange ideas

I'm pondering trying to write a version of the category action which would use the Wakka-generated best-guess of the title of pages listed and present those instead of the plain CamelCase links. This would hide some of the internals from general users. I've now discovered LinkUsingPageTitle but it appears not to be ready for prime time. Yet. And it's not quite what I wanted, but I may borrow code. I'm going to try putting UncamelAction into play, perhaps just on the category pages. - Done: See PrettyCategory

Other things I've spent time trying to fix

My current chief bugbear is an amazing shrinking WikkaEdit. It's largely my own fault, probably - I've borrowed a chunk of template code from elsewhere which creates a page_outer div around the page, and I think that this is what is confusing matters. Essentially, when I fire up the editor, the resize code shrinks it by 20px every go through until it hits its minimum. I tried applying the "2e methode" proposed by Olivier Borowski under bug #375 but have so far succeeded only in getting a fixed-height editor. This is nearly preferable for me. Sorted. Mostly.

I managed to drop some javascript in where it probably didn't belong, and got a dump of the sizes my poor editor is looking at.
document.body.clientHeight: 811
document.documentElement.clientHeight: 758
document.body.scrollHeight: 811
document.documentElement.scrollHeight: 898
document.body.offsetHeight: 811
document.documentElement.offsetHeight: 817

I suspect it's being confused by the difference of document.documentElement.clientHeight (758) vs document.body.offsetHeight (817). This would give me a negative change, even if the window's not being modified.
There is one comment on this page. [Display comment]
Valid XHTML :: Valid CSS: :: Powered by WikkaWiki